Friday, March 28, 2008

When it feels like my dreams are so far, sing to me of the plans that you have for me over again

I'm on the lookout for hope. I look for it every morning when I wake up. I look for it when I am working out. I look for it when I am driving down the same road for the fiftieth time and I am bored out of my mind with the mediocrity of my life. I look for it in flowers and cherry trees. I look for it when I feel defeated. I look for it in the eyes of children. I look for it in words that break my heart. I look for it in sunrises. I look for it inside fortune cookies. I look for it in phone calls from people I am too far away to see regularly anymore. I look for it in songs that stick in my head and play over and over. I look for it in heads up pennies I find on the ground.

I think if I have hope then I can do anything, live through anything, and so that is why I am always on the lookout for it.

My secret is that hope keeps me going.

I try to find hope everywhere.

No comments: